A tale of Blood and Honour
“We stole countries with the cunning use of flags. "
- Household Knight: A small pennant can be tied to the lance when you serve a lord. You carry your lords colors on the Pennant. This will distinguish you in the battlefield from Mercenaries and Sergeants and commoners.
- Vassal Knight: A slightly more decorated pennant is carried by Vassals. They carry their lords colors on the Pennant.
- Vavasour (later Banneret): A vassal knight that leads other knights in service of his lord may carry a square banner on his lance. He carries his own shield on the banner.
- Baron: A baron that serves his king directly gets the right to carry a shield-shaped banner in battle. This is an important honor and carries with it certain obligations. He carries his own shield on the banner.
- Count: There are many kinds and versions of standards and banners held by the higher lords. He carries his own shield on the banner.
Gonfallon (or large Standard)
- King: The kings carry a large standard called Gonfallon, these lead armies. He carries his own shield on the banner.